- Drive safety improvements in area through leadership by example as well as developing and coordinating with operations and maintenance safety improvement projects.
- Investigate technical issues, lead troubleshooting activities, problem resolution, and thoroughly document activities.
- Owns all reliability, obsolescence, quality, and productivity improvement projects. Coordinates with maintenance, vendors, and operations to achieve goals.
- Perform quality control checks on new roll inventory, works with vendors to ensure roll buy meets mill quality standards.
- Have an excellent understanding of the equipment capability, limitations, and location within the facility in order to direct activity needed to maintain a highly productive operation.
- Utilize roll management system to track roll consumption, equipment performance and grinder operator performance.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize effectively and multi-task.
- Promote a positive work culture by working to increase trust with Operations and Maintenance workforce and leading by example regarding safety and environmental guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Attend Flash Meetings *(rotate between Rolling departments) to support & resolve issues and drive positive behavior in the desired direction.
- Review previous 24 hour’s shift reports, communicate daily Flash message to Crew Leads.
- Review previous day’s work notifications with Rolling Maintenance Teams.
- Collaborate with Maintenance to make sure proper information is captured in event log for all delays or events.
- Maintain a Countermeasure Board, with weekly updates to current status on each outstanding item.
- Track and report roll consumption. Create graphs to highlight problems and show usage trends.
- Create and direct improvement plans within the Roll Shop organization to manage overall costs and report accordingly
- Assign PMs , Work orders and follow up on completion/compliance for the team.
- Review and close PM’s in SAP
- Support APU quality control reviews as they pertain to Rolls, Chocks and Bearings
- Capex and funding justification approval reviews for major procurement activities within the roll shop
- Ensure weekly/monthly/quarterly routine work and inspections are executed on schedule and as planned.
- Maintain RS housekeeping, Assign & enforce housekeeping tasks.
- Perform LST’s and audit / verify compliance for General Work Permits, and LOTO.
- Lead Monthly Communication Meetings as required. Retain sign offs of training.
- Responsible for Team development, writing and reviewing of SOP(s) and SMP(s).
- Develop technical training materials for the team to support best practice and training assessments
- Schedule and deploy required team training to support all tasks.
- Audit Materials inventory, maintain adequate supplies at all times.
- Escalation Protocol – Unplanned Downtime support and reporting as needed
- Near Miss/Safety Protocol (Near Miss Incident Reporting) to be followed and enforced
- Train/Mentor/Coach Roll Shop and APU Technicians on all aspects of the Roll Shop
Leadership Competencies, Technical Skills Requirement
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with computers, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- 7 years’ experience in Rolling mill grinding, roll shops or equivalent experience.
- Intimate with roll shop operations including roll and chock specifications.
- Good organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Supervision, or an Engineering discipline.
- Proficient with SAP, Excel, and MS Office Software.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.