United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
March 1st, 2022
The Electrical Designer assists project engineers in planning and administering field construction and maintenance project work.
General Key Accountabilities
- Researches and performs preliminary work on projects.
- Designs and drafts engineering drawings
- Performs drafting department duties
Specific Key Accountabilities
- Designs and drafts engineering drawings.
- Makes initial layouts and plans.
- Prepares sketches for detailed drafting.
- Selects equipment, fixtures and hardware.
- Checks project drawing packages.
- Assists engineers in planning and administering projects.
- Assists in writing equipment and construction specifications.
- Assists in preparation of project authorizations.
- Researches and performs preliminary work with project engineer.
- Researches existing drawings and files.
- Inspects project area and makes field measurements.
- Performs Drafting Department duties.
- Supplies drawings and data for project team and those affiliated with project
- Prepares charts and graphs.
- Maintains drawing.
- Assists engineers in field construction.
- Performs unsupervised construction supervision.
- Assists engineer in equipment checkout and start-up.
- Prepares and draws construction as-built drawings.
Leadership Competencies, Technical Skills Requirement
- Minimum of HS diploma, technical degreed preferred, with 5 years experience heavy industry drafting
- Solid understanding of AutoCAD and Inventor software with over one year experience with both
- Involvement in plant start up and rebuilds or expansions is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills – data analysis, schedule and planning
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, critical thinking, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Language fluency in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.