Slovakia, Bratislava, Bratislava
October 7th, 2022
The IA&IC (Internal Audit&Internal Control) team supports, designs and deploys internal controls.
The Senior Auditor – SOX Center of Excellence will deliver in the areas of in Risk Management, Control Design, Compliance, and Internal Audit. The position will focus on SOX Compliance (both Business process and IT) but will also contribute to projects in Operations, Finance, and IT.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Report to the Internal Audit Manager and assist with the execution of risk-based internal audit engagements.
- Assist in planning, scoping and risk assessment process, including collaboration with external auditors and business process owners.
- Develop in-depth Understanding of Business Process cycles (Purchase to Payable; Revenue & Receivables; Financial Close; Payroll; Treasury; etc.
- Lead end-to-end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities
- Design, execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general and application controls, key reports, and SOC1 analyses.
- Review control process with control owners. Ensure tests address control objectives
- Ensures an understanding of the control and the test for that control are formally documented in process narratives and testing template
- Execute a test (and retest as needed) of the control using the sample size for the control
- Analyze test results for accuracy and for meeting the control objective
- Prepares audit work papers and evidence to form an adequate basis for reporting results to management
- Perform root cause analysis to understand gaps and provide appropriate recommendations. Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies.
- Monitor status of management action plans.
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks.
- Develop proficiency in assessing application control environment
- Support the departments audit plan and participate in Financial/Operational audits, if required and as possible allowing for SOX schedule.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, Public Companies Account Oversight Board (PCAOB) updates and guidance and internal control procedures
- Effectively cooperate and interact within an interactive project team
- Interact respectfully and effectively with various personnel across the organization to understand processes, gather information, and test processes and controls.
- Research and recommend process, security, operations, or compliance enhancements.
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external assurance providers and risk assessors.
- Consult on strategic projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in department quality assurance and continuous improvement program.
- Prepare written reports that clearly and concisely communicate observations, risks, recommendations, and management action plans. Obtains management buy-in on report.
- Delivers reviews that make recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of governance (incl. accountabilities set-up), risk management, and control
- Identify, share, and disseminate best practices (within the team and to management)
- Internally, prepares periodic reports on progress made in the delivery of the annual SOX Plan as well as key findings identified. Also, develops the IA&IC function capabilities (regulatory watch, methodologies, and competencies) around his/her major.
- Provides oversight in the field of the internal auditors and first level of review of audit execution and work papers.
- Use and administration of the IA & IC Integrated Risk Management Tool.