United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
September 9th, 2022
The Refractory Engineer Leader is responsible for all activities of Refractory systems under his/her supervision: Capital Projects, Captialized Maintenance Repairs/Renewals and Engineering Control.Oversees, tracks, and validates a successful on time, in scope, and below budget delivery of each project in the project portfolio.
General Key Accountabilities
- Guarantee compliance with the project aims expressed by the Client and the Steering Committee in terms of EHS, quality, costs and schedule.
- Guarantee compliance with Constellium best practices in the field of project management as defined in the FEL Toolbox, if applicable.
- Manage the integrated Project Management Team resources required to meet the aims of the Steering Committee.
- Keep the Steering Committee regularly informed of project progress (in liason with the Client)
- Sustain communications (internal and external) for all activities of the integrated Project Management, Engineering, Engineering and Project Controls Team Group (activity reorts, general information, etc.)
Specific Key Acountabilities
- Implement the general Project Management organization
- Develop and maintain a project portfolio with accountable Project and Client assignments
- Review all project plans and status reports weekly
- Identify and elevate any deficient projects
- Review/approve or identify and elevate any change orders submitted
- Reivew/approve countermeasure implementation
- Develop, implement, and maintain, with assistance of the Refractory Engineer, the controls organization and its activities including: planning and schedule management, CAPEX and Expenses budget management, Purchase orders and invoice management, Cash out reporting and forecasting and Document Controls management
Leadership Competencies, Technical Skills Requirement
- Minimum 10 years' of experience in plant engineering (managerial role), preferebly in the recycle or casting industries.
- Ability to provide clear direction, exert situational leadership, motivating self and others, delegate effectively, and lead by example.
- Must be able to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Must be able to transfer technical information into layman's terms.
- Must have ability to write technically oriened reports understandable by the general public
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of people from top managers, hourly work force and internal and external suppliers, contractors, and customers.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of people from top managers, hourly wrk force and internal and external suppliers, contractors, and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and establish appropriate priority.
- General understanding of MS-Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Functional knowledge of project planning software (Microsoft Project preferred).
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills work with a high level of autonomy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.