United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
November 11th, 2022
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED AND successfully complete college level Chemistry AND Algebra (or equivalent/higher level) to be considered for testing.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Sets up and operates equipment to prepare, test and analyze samples of aluminum, aluminum alloys and miscellaneous other materials for mechanical and physical properties.
- Receive sample, generate sample, assure correct identification and proper sampling.
- Prepares specimens for testing by: programmable milling, lathing, sawing, shaping and blanking to ASTM specifications.
- Receive lots and checks for proper sample identification and test requirements for specification involved.
- Sets up and operates tensile machine, formability tests, conductivity, hardness, and profilometer with daily calibration.
- Programs and runs thermals in lab furnaces with chart recorder when needed.
- Runs and plots SPC date, stress strain curves, calculates and measures dimensions and keeps records as necessary.
- Evaluates for non-representative test, recalls graphs from computer and determines retest needs and calls attention to discrepancies.
- Communicates daily with Technical, mill and sales personnel on status of metal being tested and responds to expedite needs.
- Keeps equipment, work area and lunchroom in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform limited maintenance duties and provide maintenance limited assistance in their work area.
- Perform miscellaneous painting in their area.
- Removes, trucks and identifies scrap calculating weight by way of scanner
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.