APU Quality Manager
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring quality is held to the highest standards by providing data to drive process or continuous improvements. The Quality Manager will work closely with production, supply chain, maintenance, engineering, and technical to support and/or lead quality projects.
- Support and actively engage employees on all plant safety rules and guidelines with corrective action as required
- Immediately address hazards
- Perform Leadership Safety Tours
- Complete MOC procedure to identify risks related to process changes
- Develop Quality Techs through structured training plans and coaching sessions
- Spend time on the floor daily engaging the employees and addressing any observed or reported safety and/or quality issues
- Assist in planning and monitoring of quality improvement trials / process changes
- Qualify new equipment or process improvements
- Act on any new & active employee suggestions related to Quality
- Develop and deliver quality training for production and maintenance employees and sign off on operation job qualification for quality related tasks.
- Coordinate team actions regarding quality improvement initiatives
- Review and publish last 24 hours’ quality kpi’s
- Develop and implement SOPs and procedures for the APU as they pertain to quality and recovery
- Propose and update modifications to SOP’s/Procedures, especially those related to quality
- Ensure all new an updated procedures, SOP’s and documents are properly entered in the ETQ system.
- Develop and document best practices as pertain to quality and recovery
- Develop and maintain go no go standards
- Scrap coils for quality or production reasons
- Assist production in identifying and removing root cause for quality deviations
- Maintain, distribute, collect, and review KPV forms; summarize conformance and issues and ensure effective corrective actions are taken
- Develop FDS’s (First Defect Stop) for daily held metal report and track crews and give feedback
- Develop and maintain the operators defect catalog standards for release criteria.
- Lead the interdepartmental monthly quality review meeting with the cast house our upstream supplier.
- Handle all APU related customer complaints – both internal and external customers
- Champion Quality 8D’s and develop and implement the changes / actions plans from the 8D’s
- Develop Quality Action Plans for top scrap hitters and WPL’s
- Implement APU Quality requirements
- Engage operators and supervisors regarding quality complaints to assist in investigation and development of corrective actions and to communicate changes to process.
- Review and disposition nonconforming metal daily (in conjunction with Quality Techs)
- Develop new quality standards as appropriate to ensure quality complaints and claims are reduced
- Work with operations team to develop action plans for crew to crew WPL, Non-Detects, and Recovery
- Review all “Non-Detects” and associated corrective actions
- Develop/modify KPV’s, procedures, release standards, etc.
- Manage APU quality audit program performed by Quality Techs
- Maintain all quality documents for APU
- Coordinate communication for quality issues incoming
- Take part in site internal audit program
- Work with production control to optimize scheduling and production as related to quality requirements
- Develop action plans to help increase recovery both planned and unplanned
- Identify process improvements for efficiencies
- Collaborate with central quality and Customer technical service team to reduce claims / cost of claims
Regular Meetings to Attend
- Site Quality flash meeting
- Lead the APU WPL review meeting and maintain the action item list
- APU flash meeting
- 8D meetings as required
- Safety meetings monthly
- CI workshops as required
- Process Improvement meetings / workshops
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.